Following the roll out of AvaniSHIELD, a programme promoting heightened safety and hygiene measures at Avani Hotels and Resorts worldwide, the brand is now looking to introduce a new set of measures for its M!CE facilities. Avani+ Riverside Bangkok Hotel will be the test pilot in rolling out the new M!CE programme.
The brand’s flagship hotel – Avani+ Riverside Bangkok Hotel will be the test pilot in rolling out the new M!CE programme, including new measures in seating arrangements and food preparation guidelines for group catering, before being gradually adopted by the other properties worldwide.
As an extra precaution in the post 2019-nCoV world, Avani will be making the following guidelines mandatory for properties with M!CE facilities:
- Adjusting the maximum capacity of meeting space to facilitate physical distancing.
- Introducing spaced out seating for all types for meeting room set-up.
- Rolling out temperature checks for the attendees, who will also be provided and encouraged to wear face masks at all times.
- At city hotels, putting a cap on the number of guests during coffee and lunch breaks and introducing clear floor markings to ensure physical distancing. At resorts, coffee and lunch breaks will be set
- At city hotels, adding bandwidth capacity in order to accommodate demand for online conferences
- Mandatory temperature checks for contractors, suppliers and third-party partners who will also be required to wear face masks and gloves at all times during the pre-event setup as part of Avani’s ‘Trusted Partner Programme’.
- All incoming luggage, boxes and supplies will be sanitised prior to entering hotel premises.
- All stationery will be disinfected with a UVC (Ultra Violet C) device. Stationery displays will be replaced with an ‘upon request’ system to reduce environmental waste.
- Ballrooms and meeting rooms will be thoroughly disinfected with a potent Ecolab solution that meets EPA standards.
- Food and beverages will be prepared in the back of the house. Buffet displays will be replaced with live cooking stations hidden behind plexiglass screens.
- Culinary team members wearing protective masks and gloves will be the only staff allowed to handle and serve food.
- Guests will be offered complimentary face masks and hand sanitiser or alcohol wipes.
- A dedicated AvaniSHIELD agent will be on hand to oversee implementation of new cleaning protocols and adherence to the latest health and safety guidelines.