From Baa to Ari, Unveil the Beauty of Maldivian Atolls – Unwrap the Gift of Maldivian atolls and Venture into Paradise During the Holiday Season.
December in the Maldives is a time of pure delight with its powder-soft white sand beaches and crystal-clear waters. With the northeast monsoon ushering in dry, sunny days, it’s the perfect season for exploration. Expect to encounter vibrant marine life, crystal-clear waters, and sunny skies.
To make the most of your Maldivian adventure, here are some travel tips to consider:
- Book in advance: December is a popular time to visit. Booking your flights, accommodation and activities well in advance is recommended.
- Check visa requirements: Ensure you have the necessary visa or permits to enter the country.
- Travel Declaration: Visitors are required to submit this form 96 hours before their flight to and from Maldives.
- Pack sunscreen and swimwear: Protecting your skin from the tropical sun is paramount, don’t forget your swimwear for all your water adventures.
- Snorkelling and diving gear: If you have your own gear, consider bringing it along with you.
Festive Tips and Things to Do
The Maldives offers a treasure trove of experiences that are well loved such as water adventures through snorkelling, scuba diving and windsurfing; delving into Maldivian culture, heritage and local tradition through island exploration; booking wellness escapes to rejuvenate the body and soul at the world-class wellness centres; basking in the Maldivian twilight with cruises and savouring the culinary gems of Maldives with its fresh seafood and aromatic spices.
For this season, enhance your Maldivian experience with a variety of offers from the many world-class properties nestled in this mesmerising country.
- Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and Dhawa Ihuru – A lineup of festive activities await its guests from the 22nd of December. Partake in the festive tree lighting ceremony, keep the little ones engaged with special activities in Kiddies O’Clock, and enjoy Christmas Eve at sunset with cocktails as a choir serenades you with Santa bringing presents for all, and then cap off the evening with a sumptuous dinner and entertainment. Ring in the New Year with a CastAway in Bohemian-Inspired Paradise experience
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives – Put a twist to your holiday with carnival themed activities. Arrive at Male Airport and be greeted by a motley circus crew including illusionists, street performers, living statues and international dancers – all set to usher you into a Carnival extravaganza. Activities for the kids and teens plus competitions are on the schedule too. The anticipated Family Carnival at the Kuda Fiyo Kids Club on 30th December, will feature jugglers, stilt walkers, and an exclusive circus performance. Participate in the ‘Carnival Fiesta’ – the New Years Eve Carnival Cocktail Celebration and Gala Dinner and wrap up the year in the most spectacular fashion.
- Marriott Bonvoy Resorts – Take your pick from the seven luxurious resorts and have a shining, shimmering splendid vacation.
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands – Embrace the Island life in the North Malé Atoll with an exclusive package with breakfast and dinner. Festive activities include gingerbread house decorating, heartwarming gatherings, and a New Year’s Eve celebration with the theme ‘Festive Glow – A Tribute to the Sun.
- The St. Regis Vommuli Resort – a private island in Dhaalu Atoll awaits you 40 minutes away from Velana International Airport. Indulge in sun-soaked activities and redefine your holiday experience.
- JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa – Look forward to a ‘Thousand and One Nights’ of magic on Vagaru Island in Shaviyani Atoll with live entertainment, gastronomic events, activities for all ages and a New Year’s Eve celebration filled with performances, Middle Eastern rhythms, and culinary delights.
- W Maldives – ‘Reflect and Shine’ on the heart-shaped Fesdu Island in North Ari Atoll. Celebrate with a Shine Parade, take part in gala dinners for Christmas and New Year’s Eve, savour local delights, and enjoy pool parties this December.
- Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa – Embrace timeless festive traditions on Thilamaafushi Island in the Lhaviyani Atoll with the highly anticipated arrival of Santa Claus and get-together at the Glow in the Dark New Year’s Eve Beach Party.
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa – Create new memories in a private island in North Male Atoll with food that fills the soul, vibrant entertainment, and pure relaxation. Have a Santa Claus BBQ, enjoy exciting family programs, a Festive Artisan Market, Wine Master Class and count down to New Year’s Eve with magical fireworks.
- The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort – Welcome the New Year in a whimsical oasis with bohemian vibes and beats in the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve site of the Baa Atoll. Party, fireworks and beats by DJ and platinum-award producer Luca Shreiner from Germany – all await you this festive season.
- Hideaway Beach Resort and Spa – a calendar filled with exciting activities is prepared specially for the young and not so young ones that engages the creative side amidst the backdrop of a tropical paradise in the Haa Alifu atoll. Bid farewell to 2023 in your chicest attire and dazzle the night away in a ‘White’ party and let your breath be taken away by fireworks as a grand finale to an extraordinary year.
- Angsana Velavaru – all-inclusive premium resort in South Nilandhe Atoll, Maldives will be hosting “Moments in our Hearts”, a festive celebration of bonding and connection with family, friends, loved ones and nature from 21 December 2023 to 7 January 2024.
- Lily Beach Resort and Spa – a spectacular Festive Programme begins with the arrival of Santa Claus on the 24th of December followed by a Christmas Eve Gala Dinner with an exquisite menu prepared by Executive Chef Michele Antonio Totaro. For the little ones, an exciting programme awaits – filled with colours, painting, swimming, treasure hunts and presents! Have a grand celebration on New Year’s Eve and participate in the beloved annual Bon Voyage Bonfire event.
- Anantara Kihavah Villas – The festive flame will be ignited on 20th December with the Grand Christmas Tree Lighting and Family cocktail in this resort located in the Baa Atoll in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Its Enchanted Elements and Golden Grandeur holiday programme covers Shake n’ Stir Cocktail Class, Christmas Eve cocktail party and dinner, Festive Coconut Hunt and Painting activities, and a sumptuous Golden Grandeur Gala Dinner on New Year’s Eve.
Don’t miss the opportunity to create unforgettable holiday memories this December and embark on a voyage to create indelible holiday memories in the Maldives.